Team Lead / Associate Lead Software Engineer – Game Technology
Wargaming Sydney is seeking a Team Lead/ Associate Lead Software Engineer to join our studio. We are looking for someone with experience and passion who wants to lead a small team of engineers, and who is willing and able to dive into all aspects of game technology and development.
In this role, you will be leading a small team of software engineers to integrate a major feature for Wargaming into our most popular game. This involves working with a mature game stack written in C++ and Python and a service/render backend that is running in the cloud and is written in Python.
You will work closely with the core team for the feature, the Technical Product Manager, Technical Artist, Technical Designer, Quality Specialist and Engineers on this project. You will report to the Director of Engineering and also be supported by a strong team of Software Engineering Managers.
What will you do?
- Grow and manage a small group of engineers in a dynamic environment
- Manage day-to-day implementation and problem-solving to ensure the team achieves their delivery/sprint goals
- Provide technical support to the Technical Product Manager and other stakeholders.
- Develop, test, and integrate software features in C++ and Python
- Work closely with the core team for the feature, ensuring that there is alignment on key technical requirements for the integration
Why Wargaming Sydney?
Wargaming Sydney is one of the largest AAA development studios in Australia, and is the Aussie branch of Wargaming.net. Our studio works on new and established titles, advanced technologies to support games, and is currently working with our UK sister studio DPS games on a new AAA IP.
We’ve been voted a Great Place to Work, and are endorsed as a great Employer for Women by Work180. We don’t tolerate workplace bullying, discrimination or harassment, and have created a workplace where all of our team can feel supported and included. All applicants will receive consideration equally, and we encourage applications from those who are traditionally under-represented in the technology industry.
We are open to hiring remote employees based in Australia and New Zealand.
What are we looking for?
- A solid foundation as a software engineer, bringing best practices of development and delivery to the team
- The ability to collaborate with stakeholders and sponsors while understanding and meeting the needs of the team
- Code and system design skills, and the ability to identify and solve problems
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Readiness to take on a leadership role
- A strong quality mindset
- Proficiency with C++
What additional skills will help you stand out?
- Experience in the game development industry, and related technology (e.g. Unreal, Unity)
- Proficiency with Python
- Experience working as a SCRUM Master, or working with Agile methodologies, or has recent SCRUM training
- Working knowledge of containers and orchestration system like Docker and Kubernetes
- Experience with cloud infrastructure (e.g. AWS, Google Cloud)
About our studio:
Great benefits that we offer
- Flexible hours
- A unique flexible benefits package which includes options for subsidised private health care, fitness/gym memberships, entertainment budgets, or even getting your house cleaned!
- Paid parental leave
- Paid annual volunteer day
- Free office breakfast every day
- Weekly company-provided office lunch
- Fully stocked gaming room
Some of the learning opportunities we provide:
- Dedicated regular events to experiment, innovate and grow.
- Focus on growth towards your personal goals
- Internal & External Training
- Attending local and international conferences like GDC or GCAP
- Support for presenting at events and conferences
- Skilling up on industry standard technologies like Unreal Engine
What our studio culture focuses on:
- Open & feedback-rich environments
- Autonomy within the team
- Transparent decision making
Take a look at our website to find out more – https://wgsydney.com/
Please apply using the link on this page to embark on your career with Wargaming!
Got questions/feedback? Feel free to reach out to Kamal at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Director of Engineering