Senior Technical Designer
Wargaming Sydney is seeking a Senior Technical Designer to join our world-class team and deliver fresh experiences for players. Our projects offer unique opportunities for developers from all backgrounds.
Being a Technical Designer at Wargaming Sydney doesn’t mean we just design games. Not only do we know our way around game development, but we also understand the experiences we want to create for our players and how to bring this to reality. From exploring new concepts through prototyping to balancing gameplay designed from groundbreaking mechanics, your work will define the next generation of designs and pipelines that empower development teams and inspire gamers for years to come. Your considered communication, comprehensive design sensibilities, problem-solving abilities, and eye for detail are our tools of the trade as we strive to bring new experiences to our audience.
What will you do?
- Be the bridge between Artists, Designers, and Engineering
- Research, define, extend, and maintain production pipelines, processes, and workflows to realise and support design vision
- Create, maintain and guide UE4 Blueprint scripting in the discipline of design
- Document workflows and tool pipelines for designers to utilise
- Analyse and deconstruct the work of others to provide support, guidance, and level up quality and functionality
- Work with fast iteration to support rapid prototyping
- Mentor other members of the design team from a technical perspective
What are we looking for?
- A Senior Technical Designer; with around 5+ years of professional experience tackling a variety of problems, design tools and game engines
- The embodiment of great design; you are fluent in many game systems and mechanics but have the critical thinking skills to know when it’s time to try something more out of the box
- A strong communicator; your verbal and written communications are precise and unambiguous. Your best work comes from collaboration and teamwork, and you believe that excellence comes from dynamic communication throughout the design process
- A team player; you motivate and support the surrounding team, guiding them towards success
- A gamer; you are passionate about games with a breadth of game knowledge that you’ve enjoyed
What additional skills will help you stand out?
- Experience with Unreal
- Experience working with vehicle titles
- Strong hands-on systems design expertise
- Having worked with multiple studios across timezones
Wargaming Sydney is one of the largest AAA development studios in Australia, and is the Aussie branch of Wargaming.net. We are the creators of the award-winning BigWorld Technology which powers Wargaming’s massively popular online games. The team currently works on new IP, established titles, and advanced technologies.
We are a group of highly talented individuals who have come together to create the Wargaming Sydney family.
At Wargaming Sydney we offer all our employees a unique bespoke benefits package which includes options for subsidised private health care, fitness/gym memberships and entertainment budgets. We also offer breakfast every day, a weekly company-provided lunch, fully stocked gaming room and much, much more…
We’ve been voted a Great Place to Work, and are endorsed as an Employer for Women by Work180. We believe in equal opportunities for all and have created a workplace where all of our team can feel supported and included. Likewise, we’ve zero tolerance for workplace bullying, discrimination, and harassment. We encourage applications from those who are traditionally underrepresented in the technology industry, and all applicants will receive consideration equally.
Game & Level Design