Wargaming Sydney is the Australian branch of Wargaming.net.
We are seeking a passionate and experienced Producer to work on international co-development projects with the aim of delivering AAA titles for Wargaming.net
Please include a cover letter with your application.
What will you do?
- Provide support to drive game features to successful delivery. In particular, you will create an appropriately detailed, backlog for each stream of work under your responsibility. In addition, you will craft and maintain road maps with emphasis on dependencies and risks.
- Work with software engineers, game designers, and artists; your role is to help a team to be the best that they can be in order to deliver as efficiently as possible. You will empower a world-class team and ensure that delivery confidence and team health is high.
- Prepare, present and maintain regularly cadenced reports and presentations, upstream and to the wider development group. Such communications will be based on analytical and strong data informed processes.
What are we looking for?
- The ideal candidate will have 5+ years of experience having worked as a producer in game development or as a product manager dealing with complex software development projects.
- You’re a clairvoyant when it comes to understanding customer needs and have a strong problem-solving ability
- You are more than a ‘people person’; your influencing skills have proven to be great in your previous experiences. Furthermore, you possess a demonstrated ability to work with staff at different levels and diverse backgrounds within the organisation: including staff, senior executives, and stakeholders.
- Ability to inspire the team to build amazing game features with a constant dedication to understand, question and improve.
- You strive for continual improvement for the benefit of the project, team and our stakeholders.
- You are a true servant leader who is highly organised, analytical and goal driven.
What additional skills will help you stand out?
- You have a great interest in Agile methodologies and mindset; you know the difference between Kanban and Scrum and you can name Agile principles and values; having one or more Agile certifications from Scrum Alliance, Scrum.org, Kanban University or PMI would be ideal.
- A good technical understanding; although you’re not going to be cutting code as part of your role at Wargaming Sydney, you will need to understand highly technical products.
- Good knowledge of, and keen interest in, video games is expected. With that in mind, we would ‘highly’ recommend (read: critical before in person interview) that you take the time to play some of our games that Wargaming publish, they are free & fun!
- Shipped AAA game titles and/or worked on their live production.
Wargaming Sydney is one of the largest AAA development studios in Australia, and is the Aussie branch of Wargaming.net. We are the creators of the award-winning BigWorld Technology which powers Wargaming’s massively popular online games. The team currently works on new IP, established titles, and advanced technologies.
We are a group of highly talented individuals who have come together to create the Wargaming Sydney family.
At Wargaming Sydney we offer all our employees a unique bespoke benefits package which includes options for subsidised private health care, fitness/gym memberships and entertainment budgets. We also offer breakfast every day, a weekly company-provided lunch, fully stocked gaming room and much, much more…
We’ve been voted a Great Place to Work, and are endorsed as an Employer for Women by Work180. We believe in equal opportunities for all and have created a workplace where all of our team can feel supported and included. Likewise, we’ve zero tolerance for workplace bullying, discrimination, and harassment. We encourage applications from those who are traditionally underrepresented in the technology industry, and all applicants will receive consideration equally.
Production / Product Management