Senior/Expert Software Engineer (Python, Backend)
Wargaming Sydney is looking for an Expert Software Engineer to join our studio. We are looking for someone with experience and passion, who is willing and able to dive into all aspects of game technology and development.
What will you do?
You will bring key experience and skills coding in Python for Backend services. On top of that, Docker and Kubernets knowledge and working with cloud system (e.g. AWS) would be a significant plus.
The ability to work in a cross-functional team within a fast-moving environment with changing requirements is a must. In this role, you will have the opportunity to work with a passionate team of developers to help shape the vision of our next generation of game services to deliver an awesome player experience.
What are we looking for?
- You have team leadership experience in an Agile environment.
- You have proven C++ , Python and other language skills, alongside a background that can show a track record of writing high performing, stable and easy to maintain code.
- Experience and passion for server-side architectures and back-end stack development.
- Problem-solving skills. You face problems head-on and find ways to overcome them, ideally before they even become real problems.
- Collaboration. You know that development is a team effort that goes beyond lines of code, and you are a driving force in ensuring the team operates efficiently, be that by improving processes or clearing blockers.
- Pro-activity and communication skills. You don’t hesitate to speak up and let people know what you are thinking, but you know how to take a back seat and let others talk.
- Curiosity in the world around you. You value continuously developing your skills and knowledge, and inspire others around you to do the same.
What additional skills will help you stand out?
- Knowledge and experience developing network applications and microservices
- Experience in the game development industry, and related technology (e.g. Unreal, Unity)
- Experience with CI/CD (e.g. Jenkins)
Wargaming Sydney is one of the largest AAA development studios in Australia, and is the Aussie branch of Wargaming.net. We are the creators of the award-winning BigWorld Technology which powers Wargaming’s massively popular online games. The team currently works on new IP, established titles, and advanced technologies.
We are a group of highly talented individuals who have come together to create the Wargaming Sydney family.
At Wargaming Sydney we offer all our employees a unique bespoke benefits package which includes options for subsidised private health care, fitness/gym memberships and entertainment budgets. We also offer breakfast every day, a weekly company-provided lunch, fully stocked gaming room and much, much more…
We’ve been voted a Great Place to Work, and are endorsed as an Employer for Women by Work180. We believe in equal opportunities for all and have created a workplace where all of our team can feel supported and included. Likewise, we’ve zero tolerance for workplace bullying, discrimination, and harassment. We encourage applications from those who are traditionally underrepresented in the technology industry, and all applicants will receive consideration equally.
Software Engineering Manager