Mid/Senior DevOps/ Software Engineer
Wargaming Sydney is looking for a DevOps Engineer to join our studio. We are looking for someone with experience and passion, who is willing and able to dive into all aspects of game technology and development.
What will you do?
You will bring key experience and skills to assist developers in managing source code, building binaries from it, testing and distributing them to the appropriate teams and studios. You will also help build and maintain the systems that make up the various Continuous Integration pipelines. These include Jenkins, Artifactory, Perforce and various others.
The ability to work in a cross-functional team within a fast-moving environment with changing requirements is a must. In this role, you will have the opportunity to work with a passionate team of developers to help shape the vision of our next generation of game services to deliver an awesome player experience.
What are we looking for?
- You have a desire to automate repetitive tasks, and have done this before using a scripting or programming language.
- You have experience working with Windows and Windows build tools (Visual Studio, CMake, Powershell, Batch, etc)
- You understand the benefits that CI can bring, either through direct experience, or through a desire to introduce such a system.
- You have experience with CI tooling such as Jenkins, Teamcity, Travis, Concourse or some other CI platform.
- You have experience working with build files (VS Projects, CMake, Makefiles etc)
- You have used and are familiar with source control systems (eg: perforce / git / subversion), and understand their benefits and limitations.
- You are comfortable using Linux (any distribution) on the command line and can troubleshoot system and performance issues.
- You talk to people openly and ask questions to understand their requirements, while also understanding the value of keeping logs of interactions and requirements in tracking and documentation systems like Jira and Confluence.
What additional skills will help you stand out?
- Are familiar with Epic’s UE4 platform and build pipelines (UGS etc)
- Understand low-level concepts in Linux or Windows administration (e.g. building systems from scratch, making kernel module changes, understanding of NTFS or EXT4 filesystems).
- Have used Docker or other container technologies to deploy bespoke production systems.
- Have used or deployed Kubernetes or other container orchestration technologies.
Wargaming Sydney is one of the largest AAA development studios in Australia, and is the Aussie branch of Wargaming.net. We are the creators of the award-winning BigWorld Technology which powers Wargaming’s massively popular online games. The team currently works on new IP, established titles, and advanced technologies.
We are a group of highly talented individuals who have come together to create the Wargaming Sydney family.
At Wargaming Sydney we offer all our employees a unique bespoke benefits package which includes options for subsidised private health care, fitness/gym memberships and entertainment budgets. We also offer breakfast every day, a weekly company-provided lunch, fully stocked gaming room and much, much more…
We’ve been voted a Great Place to Work, and are endorsed as an Employer for Women by Work180. We believe in equal opportunities for all and have created a workplace where all of our team can feel supported and included. Likewise, we’ve zero tolerance for workplace bullying, discrimination, and harassment. We encourage applications from those who are traditionally underrepresented in the technology industry, and all applicants will receive consideration equally.
Software Engineering Manager