Community Evangelist, World of Tanks ANZ
Play a key role in World of Tanks’ success in APAC (Focusing on ANZ) by driving the product’s narrative in our major English-speaking communities. Become the face of the product in the community, curating content and discussions on topics which matter to players and providing critical feedback to development to ensure the continuing growth of the player base in the region.
What will you do?
Responsibilities include but are not limited to the following:
- Support and enhance player engagement through daily communication and interaction in written and/or recorded/streamed formats for ANZ market
- Work closely with the World of Tanks product group to spark conversations on selected topics within the community, raise observed trends, and seek answers to player’s questions
- Manage our contributor program and grow our third-party content portfolio to broaden our reach and curate the content available to new and existing players
- Facilitate local conversations to understand local differences and needs and effectively communicate these requirements to the regional product group to ensure that the local player experience is best suited to the market
- Plan the monthly community content calendar across key social channels that has an engaging and timely narrative following product road map and social trend
- Stay on top of market-based trends and activities to ensure our content is fresh and relevant
- Attend and cover live events for social media/community and represent the Product Group in a professional and knowledgeable way
What are we looking for?
Passionate for games
1-2 years in social media/community management
Actionable understanding of social media platform (Twitch, Discord and other social medias)
Willing to be on camera and/or participate in livestreams
- Excellent communication and stakeholder management skills
Adaptable to a dynamic, constantly changing environment
Sensitive to cultural differences, particularly in the APAC region
What additional skills will help you stand out?
- Experienced/understanding in gaming influencer landscape in ANZ
Prior experience in Copywriting/digital marketing
Understanding of esports ecosystem is a plus
Fore-sight in trend spotting/setting with strong gaming/IT/entertainment industry knowledge
Excellent knowledge in World of Tanks as a player is highly considered
Business travel – Minimum once or twice a year for summits or player events
Wargaming Sydney is one of the largest AAA development studios in Australia, and is the Aussie branch of Wargaming.net. We are the creators of the award-winning BigWorld Technology which powers Wargaming’s massively popular online games. The team currently works on new IP, established titles, and advanced technologies.
We are a group of highly talented individuals who have come together to create the Wargaming Sydney family.
At Wargaming Sydney we offer all our employees a unique bespoke benefits package which includes options for subsidised private health care, fitness/gym memberships and entertainment budgets. We also offer breakfast every day, a weekly company-provided lunch, fully stocked gaming room and much, much more…
We’ve been voted a Great Place to Work, and are endorsed as an Employer for Women by Work180. We believe in equal opportunities for all and have created a workplace where all of our team can feel supported and included. Likewise, we’ve zero tolerance for workplace bullying, discrimination, and harassment. We encourage applications from those who are traditionally underrepresented in the technology industry, and all applicants will receive consideration equally.
Production / Product Management
Product Manager, WOT, ANZ